At Sea – Mon. 1/27
There were so many fun things to do, every hour of the day, while we were at sea, but we weren’t inclined to do any of them.
Although, if I go on a cruise again (and I probably will), I will be inclined to do a few more things than I did this time. Since it was my first cruise, I was more like an observor, just getting a feel for the whole experience.
This morning, “Eager Me”was going to get up early and go play basketball but “Bad Me” decided to sleep in.
I slept in until about 8 a.m.
I went out to the balcony to check the weather (which became a morning ritual for me). This is what I saw.
The sea was so calm and the clouds were just hanging there, like a “Real-life Painting”.
Click on “Real-life Painting” (above) to hear the song and then click on “Freedom and Surrender” to get a glimpse into the beauty of Lizz’s soul and the depth of her character.
We ate breakfast about 9 a.m.
After breakfast, we hung out on the balcony for a while, enjoyed the balmy sea breezes, listened to music and talked for a long time. Mostly, I just listened to the stories Uncle Walt had to tell. I’m glad he likes to share his experiences, thoughts and opinions.
After that, we wandered around the ship for a couple of hours and had a late lunch in the afternoon. Then we both were a little tired so we took naps until about suppertime.
By that time, it was a little less sunshiny, but still calm and beautiful.
We ate about 7 p.m.
Quite an uneventful day at sea but so enjoyable doing nothing. 🙂
Later on that evening, after the sun went down…..
……I went up to the top deck to get a night view of it all…..
It was kind of late so there was hardly anyone up there.
Next stop….Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Day 4)
This list (below) is provided, to you, for ease of navigation to and from each of the posts in this series:
- First post of this Caribbean Cruise Series (“Here’s To You, Uncle!”)
- ‘Caribbean Cruise: Day 1 (Embarking from Ft. Lauderdale)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 2 (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 3 (At Sea)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 4 (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 5 (Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman Islands)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 6 (At Sea)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 7 (Belize City, Belize)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 8 (Roatan, Honduras)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 9 (Cozumel, Mexico), and Day 10 (At Sea)