Ocho Rios, Jamaica – Day 4 (1/28)
Sometimes Uncle Walt and I would do the same excursion but sometimes we would do different excursions, separately.
In Jamaica, he wanted to go to “Turtle River Falls and Gardens”……..
……where he fit right in.
He likes to talk and Parrots like to talk. 😂
So a few expressions come to mind as I’m trying to pull a joke out here…..
……bird-brained, talking heads, parrot head, Uncle want a cracker?…..
…….Come on! Help me out here!
But, I wanted to swing gracefully and confidently from vine to vine, through the tropical forest over Dunn’s River Falls, just like Tarzan used to do (in some other jungle)…….but I settled for zip lining it.
Germaine (L.) and Jeremy (R.) were my guides on this one.
This was my second time to zipline.
The first time I did it was in Kauai in 2005.
I zip lined over a valley where they shot the opening scene of the movie, Jurassic Park, where “the pterodactyls are running frantically from….wasn’t it Triceratops?”.
A lot of people preferred to do the excursion where they walk up Dunn’s River Falls. There are natural steps all the way up to the top.
After that, it was time to go back to the ship to depart Jamaica.
Prior to departure, Uncle Walt was standing on the balcony, looking over to the shore of Ocho Rios, Jamaica, thinking about the day’s events, and he suddenly thought of a song he knew. I recorded him singing the song…..
A little bit later, as the ship was leaving the port, the Captain signaled our departure by playing, “Time To Say Goodbye (Con Te Partiro)”, a song by Andrea Bocelli.
He did that every time we left port. It was a nice touch.
Sunset from our balcony as we head West to our next stop…..the Grand Cayman Islands.
This list (below) is provided, to you, for ease of navigation to and from each of the posts in this series:
- First post of this Caribbean Cruise Series (“Here’s To You, Uncle!”)
- ‘Caribbean Cruise: Day 1 (Embarking from Ft. Lauderdale)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 2 (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 3 (At Sea)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 4 (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 5 (Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman Islands)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 6 (At Sea)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 7 (Belize City, Belize)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 8 (Roatan, Honduras)
- Caribbean Cruise: Day 9 (Cozumel, Mexico), and Day 10 (At Sea)